Sunday, January 20, 2008

Almost There...

It has been a difficult few months keeping a crawling, curious kid away from gaping holes, chunks of drywall, piles of demo and exposed tack strip. Last Friday, the challenges of acting as the general contractor and the headaches that come with that title paid off. The bulk of the remodel came together. Matt and I stayed up painting all hours of the night in preparation for this week. Carpet was installed on Monday, cabinets hung Tuesday and Wednesday, appliances and counter tops installed on Friday and last the sink was hooked up on Saturday. HURRAY for a working kitchen!! Oh the blessings of a dishwasher and sink. I love the conveniences of modern day living. I keep staring at our house asking myself "Is this really mine?" It feels so grown up.

Today we went to church, watched Sunday football, ate Sunday dinner in our new kitchen. And for the first time in months had a "typical" Sunday in our new beautiful, livable home. Life is good.







9 comments:

Aimee said...

Bekah! I looks gorgeous! Great job designing everything.

The blogging world is so super happy to have you back.

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

WOW! I love it and i want to come see it in person...you guys did a fabulous job and I think its gorgeous!

Katie said...

Wow Life is good, where can I get one of those apartment living sucks!!! Oh well life is good!!! You did an amazing job, you are a great team! Can't wait to see you soon when can we come?

Angela said...

I'm so glad to finally see photos!! I know you've been too busy to post, but I was checking every day for an update. It looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the color of granite with your white cabinets! Your paint colors are great -- I really LOVE the pillows on your bed and the lamp. SUPER CUTE! I feel guilty dragging you away from your finished home... we're excited to see you!

Courtney said...

Bekah! Everything looks AMAZING! I love it! Can't wait to see you soon!

joslyn said...

wow. great remodel! love it all.

Michelle said...

Bekah Boo...can't wait to see it in real life in a few more days. Looks so awesome. I can't imagine doing all you did with a crawling baby around. You are Wonder Woman!!!

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Bekah - It looks gorgeous! It was so fun to see you over Christmas break with all the other ladies. Hopefully I don't wait another 8 years to see you again.
Ashley

Sara said...

Hi. Why are you so hard to get in touch with when you're in town? Nerd! Your house is absolutely beautiful. Have you ever though of just doing it professionally? I can't wait to see it. In fact, we'll be there in 1 month, 1 week from today. YYYEEEAAAHHHH. I have a blog now too but it's a new one and I don't know what I'm doing: the3jollyrogers.com
Good job on your house. --Sara