Sunday, December 21, 2008
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 8:12 PM
I copied this from my sister's blog who chose not to tag anyone, but invited anyone who wanted to, to play. The invitation is extended to you... Copy and paste into your blog. Highlight the things you've done.
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars (Nights on the trampoline as a kid -- good times!)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train - through Mexico in unairconditioned trains & in Italy under better circumstances
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (a yacht does that count?)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar or escargot
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -- the turkey on pioneer trek -- not fun.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (no but Matt does quiet often does that count)
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous. Yes when I lived in LA as a nanny I met many famous people and their children and nannies.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Been to a foreign country
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 7:41 PM
Thursday, December 11, 2008
This is our second Christmas living here in Phoenix. While I love the temperatures - I just can't get over how much I love Chicago during Christmas time. Chicago has so much culture, excitement and great shopping too!!Every year we lived there we went to the annual lighting of the Christmas tree at Daley Plaza, the traditional German Christmas Mart and visited the Macy's Christmas windows. Chicago lent itself to fun Christmas traditions, we haven't created any new ones here in Phoenix yet.
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 7:53 PM
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- "DADDDY" over-emphasizing the "DDD"
- Cars - every car in the parking lot, not missing one "cars, cars, cars, cars," he wants to make sure I see every one.
- Doggy and "woof, woof" He loves dogs. He holds out his hand to let the dog smell him and lick him and then barely touches their fur before getting a little scared.
- Juice. Matt got him hooked on orange juice and he loves it.
- HOT. Everything that he hasn't tasted he asks "hot?" I guess he is cautious.
- Baby. He loves babies and loves to point out every one.
- Shoe. He loves to get his shoes on and get ready to go.
- Choo, choo. loves trains
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 4:43 PM
A year ago at this time we were negotiating offers on a lovely old home in the North Central neighborhood of Phoenix. A year later, we are here enjoying the approaching holidays in our warm, beautiful home. This is our first Thanksgiving/Christmas where we aren't headed to Salt Lake or hosting people here. I have to admit I miss the chaos and excitement of entertaining.
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 3:24 PM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 3:26 PM
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I passed the state and national salesperson real estate exam. Whoo! This means, I'm on schedule to launch Dwell Home Staging by the end of the month.
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 11:23 PM
I love the holidays, but something doesn't seem right pulling out the fall/Halloween decorations when it is still 100 degrees outside.
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 8:57 PM
Friday, September 12, 2008
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 10:09 PM
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 12:54 PM
Sunday, June 22, 2008
During our years in Chicago we made great friends that we'll never forget nor let go -Reagan & Luke Hayes, Wendy & Brandon Labrum, John & Jenava Tait and Cameron & Jack Schwieger. The best kind of friends... Sunday afternoon pajamas and movies, date nights, game nights, movies and fun restaurants. Over the years we all grew extremely close through various church callings, pregnancy, child births and other life changes. The hardest part about leaving Chicago was leaving our best friends and family. We love all of them and are so glad to have them in our lives.
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 5:31 PM
Friday, June 20, 2008
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 9:59 PM
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
My mom, Jax and I enjoyed lunch and the afternoon at the organic farm in Tempe.
Jax admiring the flowers & more importantly, the dirt!
Posted by matt, bekah, jax at 10:40 AM