Thursday, December 11, 2008

I miss Chicago at Christmas

This is our second Christmas living here in Phoenix. While I love the temperatures - I just can't get over how much I love Chicago during Christmas time. Chicago has so much culture, excitement and great shopping too!!Every year we lived there we went to the annual lighting of the Christmas tree at Daley Plaza, the traditional German Christmas Mart and visited the Macy's Christmas windows. Chicago lent itself to fun Christmas traditions, we haven't created any new ones here in Phoenix yet.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to admit that despite the temperatures, Chicago is very festive at Christmas. :) I loved walking down Michigan Ave with swarms of people doing shopping.

Sara said...

Chicago? What about Utah? It's all about Utah at Christmas time, remember? We're trying to get you back here--not Chicago. Warm weather just isn't the same at Christmas--I felt the same way in Hawaii and it's not that great to see Santa riding a surf board. He drives sleighs for crying out loud. I can't wait to see you and Jax--you were really missed last night at our little party!

Michelle said...

And Chicago misses you at Christmas!!! Wish you were here! Oh, by the way it is -31 degrees today after the windchill (-5 before windchill). Now do you wish you were here?!?