Thursday, September 23, 2010

summer from hell

The title sums up this summer a bit.

Long story short enduring pregnancy in Phoenix's heat is in itself a feat. In addition, we were thrown quiet a few curve balls over the last couple months...my first flip turned out a flop, Matt's car died (due to an accident) and we moved mid-summer in 113 degree weather (rented out our lovely home and downsized about 1000 sq feet).

(this little face can get you through anything)

After many tears, we are finally adjusting and realizing just how resilient we can be. Around the corner is cooler weather and these wonderful things to look forward to:
  1. Jax's preschool
  2. finishing the nursery
  3. baby Lucy's arrival next month
  4. past the half-way point for residency
  5. finding out where we are moving next for fellowship

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Oh, your flip was awesome Bek! You had it under contract in just weeks. Unfortunately you weren't in control of the whole deal. Frustrating.

I love that picture of Jax! So cute. And we can't wait to meet baby Lucy. Isn't it true that those little smiles just get you through the rough patches? I felt like my babies were my little teddy bears sometimes. I just needed those little smiles and hugs so much.

Grant and Teresa said...

Hey Becka! Sorry I never got a chance to see you before we moved to Omaha. I totally understand the whole pregnancy with the Phoenix heat! It is pretty unbearable! I hope the next month goes as quick as possible for you! The pictures of Jax (on Facebook) are so adorable! I can't wait to see pictures of little Lucy when she comes!

Molly Koch said...

hang in there.... the light is getting closer. we finally have a real house now that we are done with residency- but find ourselves missing so much about our tiny house during residency. funny. I am glad that you made it through the flip- that car does not look so good. hope you look better than that? and when is lucy due? love love love the name lucy. too cute!

Kellie said...

Yeah you finally updated. Yes Jack is absolutley adorable. I am so sorry things were so rough for you over the summer but as my mom always says, this to shall pass. You're one step closer to being unpregnant, not poor, and a new state with more normal temperatures. Love ya friend xoxo