Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween at the Hospital

Tonight, Halloween night, I sat without a thing to do. Our townhome community doesn't offer the best streets to trick-or-treat on and I didn't make plans soon enough to tag along with a friend. Let's face it Jax doesn't really trick-or-treat anyway. So, rather than staying home and curling up to a scary movie I got decked out in my costume "A Devil wears Prada" and got Jax dressed in his monkey costume and headed for the hospital where Matt works. We took candy to give to patients, nurses, DRs and other hospital personnel.

It was the BEST!!! Jax loved every minute of it. Not only did he get to spend time with Daddy, he got SOO much attention from all the nurses and patients. Who doesn't love a monkey with big blue eyes, a big smile and two new teeth. He was absolutely adorable!!! It was so fun for me to see all the hospital staff Matt works with. But most of all it was so fun to see Matt interact with his patients. He has awesome bedside manner and is so caring and respectful! He was really busy, but rather than pushing us aside he brought Jax in with him as he consulted patients. He was so proud of his little guy. And we are so proud of him. Thanks Matt for all your hard work!!! ...too bad we weren't there late enough to see the Halloween crazies.




8 comments:

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

you are the cutest mom ever! I love you and the fun person you are! I better see you again when you come to town! What a fun memorable Halloween!

Sheree said...

So cute Bekah! That sounds like it was so fun. I love the Monkey costume, and I am sure Matt loved showing off his cute family.

Sheree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

I guess I'm turning into Mom because I got tears in my eyes reading about your night! You are so awesome to get you and Jax all dressed up and spread cheer at the hospital. Matt is so sweet to take Jax to visit patients. I love you guys! Can't wait to see you!!

Aimee said...

how fun. i bet it is fun to your man working it with his patients on halloween!

Heather said...

It is so weird to know that Matt is a doctor! We talk about it all the time but don't get to really see it. Great pics and I love that you made the best out of the situation. I'm sure Matt was thrilled to be with you guys when he thought he was going to have to work all night and miss Jax first Halloween, what a great mom and wife! They are both really lucky.

Molly Koch said...

what a great idea!! Troy was on call that night too- so we just skipped trick or treating and gave out candy. Maybe next year i will jump on your band wagon and go up there. Troy has call Christmas this year too- maybe we will head up there and share some cheer... although all of his patients are just x rays and ct scans that he sees in a backroom. boring!

joslyn said...

cute costumes! he is such a cutie!!!