Saturday, December 1, 2007

I've Been Tagged...


Okay, so I was tagged by my sister Michelle a few weeks ago. With hosting Thanksgiving and traveling out of the way I'm finally ready to reveal 5 Little Known Things About Myself.

1) I'm addicted to HGTV. I love watching home renovation and design shows. I have to laugh at how much time I spend watching others remodel, renovate, design... do, do, do as I sit, sit, sit and watch the shows. Hopefully, the inspiration will come out in our remodel.
href="http://www.orbitsatellite.tv/programming/images/HGTV_HD.gif">


2) I love themes for everything. This obsession carries over to the kitchen. I love to cook. If I'm making something Italian or Thai or of that nature and Matt puts out chips and salsa, I promptly put the chips and salsa away. I can not mix "snacks" that don't fit with the dinner theme. I would rather spend extra time making a "Asian influenced salad" to go with an Asian cuisine than making a regular salad.

3) I hate carnations. I had them so much; for no other reason than they're ugly. I don't like the food coloring dye they add to them --they look fake. When Matt gets me flowers (rarely and usually because he's in trouble) I have to inspect the bouquet for carnations. One of our first Valentines, I took the bouquet and threw half the flowers in the trash immediately. I didn't realize how rude that looked until it all set in (in my defense, he had known I hated carnations).


4) I hate hard rock, but lately crave it when I exercise. This afternoon I couldn't wait to drop of Jax in the daycare and get to the treadmill and my IPOD. I was so excited to get pumped up to Matt's Tool Mix. I feel really energetic listening to it when I am running. However, the same songs disgust me if he tries to play them in the car.

5) I love all things spicy. I add jalapenos and hot sauce to everything.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

fun to know all these things about you. I had no idea how much you like remodel shows. that cracks me up! I don't watch it very much but when I see Total Makeover Home Edition I always cry at the end.

I am so happy you have a blog because I feel like I learn so much about you! So glad we reconnected.

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

I love knowing you! Excited for your new house....hey are you coming in for Christmas at all?

Ashley said...

Hey Bekah! It was so fun to see you randomly up in Park City! I felt like I wanted to talk with you for 5 more hours though! Your little guy Jax is so darling. Congrats on the new house! I sent you an invite to my blog, but I'm not sure if I remembered your email correctly or not. So if you don't get it, just email me at ashleybkelly(at)hotmail.com. Sooo glad to be in touch!
Love,
Ashley (Boyack) Kelly

jen said...

Bekah, I don't even know if you remember me but it's Jen Chapman now Kent from good ole' Lifestyles! I saw your name from the Staley's and I had to see what you guys are up to! We had a baby boy 5 months ago as well, July 3rd! Well I just wanted to say hi b/c you were just always so stinkin cute & it has passed on to your lil guy too! =) Please tell the Nugents the Chapman Clan says hey! How awesome for Matt- wow! Happy Holidays!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

ok guess what...when i'm in a hotel ALL DAY, the only station I ever watch is HGTV too! I'm seriously obessed with it too!
Hey I didn't get your address to send you a Christmas card...I need it! let me know what it is!
Love your face!

Aimee said...

Bekah, we miss you in the blog world. We need to know how your Christmas and New Year's was!! Where have you been?!

Chelsea said...

Ok...I LOVE themes! I would definitely put the chips away. We used to do themed lake powell nights and the food matched the music! Also, about carnations, I only like them if they are stuck in a foam ball so close together that it looks like a big ball of colored petals. I actually love them like that. then, probably hanging with a ribbon...