Wednesday, September 26, 2007

House Hunters Phoenix

For those of you who watch HGTV (bless your heart) you know the drill. Matt and I are going house hunting tomorrow. We haven't narrowed down the location we want to live in, we're still exploring Desert Ridge, Scottsdale and the North-Central Corridor area. Tomorrow, I am taking Matt to see my 3 favorites in North-Central Phoenix. By the way, North-Central is an awesome area it looks like you're in a totally different city with nice big trees...and I don't mean cacti. It's like a sugar house neighborhood plopped into the desert. And it's right around the corner from Matt's work.

House 1:
Classic 50's rambler on a nice size irrigated lot with a large pool. This is a very well maintained house. The outside of the house needs a nice coat of paint and the powder blue carpet would need to be replaced. The neighborhood is incredible with houses well over 1 mill just around the corner. This neighborhood also boasts the best schools in Phoenix.


House 2:
Beautiful Remodel! I mean beautiful. Hardwood floors, awesome kitchen, incredible master bath. The backyard is the size of a park - without a pool. The neighborhood is also beautiful. The only downside is the size. It has one less bedroom than the other 2 and less living space.



House 3:
ALOT of Potential. This house would be a project. This needs new kitchen, new floors, new everything. The price is $50,000 under the other 2 and in this market we could probably get it for well under asking. Location is still good, but not as good as the other 2. Great curb appeal and awesome square footage. Even a separate entrance for the guest bedroom (hint, hint).


If you have any thoughts or would like to add your experiences to this process please feel free to post comments.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Loved all three houses. The middle one would definitely grab me but now that I have a house I think you should go for more space in the house. Especially cause all your family lives out of State so you will have lots of visitors!

Aimee said...

I think it depends on how much energy you want to put in.

I like #3 because it could be a fun creative outlet.

I like #2 because it wouldn't require a lot of energy.

I like #1 because pool. Hello, yes please.

But what do you want to do?? Are you up for the challenge of a remodel?